Monday, March 28, 2011

Order Your Safe Motherhood Rally T-Shirts!

Sizes
T-Shirts! Get your T-Shirts here! Now taking pre-orders for the T-Shirt that will be worn at the rally on April 10th in Washington D.C. to march the Safe Motherhood Quilt Project up the Capitol steps. The shirts are $25 and are currently being printed in ladies S-M-L-XL; however, please contact me by Wednesday, March 30 if you would like to request a different style or size (i.e. men's, children's, XXL, etc.) and I will get additional pricing for you. Also please note that the above image is not the final proof, but a quick mock-up for pre-sales purposes; final design may vary slightly and will include artist's credits on the front.

100% of the proceeds from the sales of these shirts will be donated to the Safe Motherhood Quilt Project.

THE STORY OF THE SHIRT:
Many of you know that I am attending the Healthy Mothers Healthy Birth Summit in Washington DC on April 9th. I am only able to go because of the generosity of my community, and as a measure of gratitude, I decided to print a shirt with the names of the donors that helped get me there on the back of it. Then things snowballed a bit. The amazingly talented Amy Swagman of The Mandala Journey donated this custom designed painting, entitled "I Will Always Love You," dedicated to American mothers lost in pregnancy or childbirth and intended for the front of the shirt. Since then, many people have contacted me to let me know they'd like a shirt too, and now the rally-goers are lining up to buy theirs as well.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO THOSE ATTENDING THE RALLY:
From what I understand, Washington DC is very strict on permitting--and no t-shirt sales will be allowed at the actual rally. Pre-sales are highly encouraged and your shirt will be delivered to you the day of the event, or if you are attending, at the Healthy Mothers Healthy Birth Summit. Shirts may also be purchased at the Summit.

ALSO, PLEASE INDICATE WHETHER YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR SHIRT SHIPPED OR DELIVERED TO YOU AT THE SUMMIT/RALLY WHEN YOU ORDER. THANK YOU!

Thank you all for your continued support, and please contact me with any questions at laura@kangaroopromotions.net.

7 comments:

  1. I love it!

    I had no idea there were still midwives in Sarasota (I was born and raised there and in Venice) When I lived down there midwives only attended hospital or homebirths as the birth center my brother was born in down there had closed. I see a new one has opened now which is GREAT!

    Good to know in case I ever am able to move back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just FYI (Since I work in DC and hubby works on the Hill)

    The Shirts can't be worn in the Capital BUT once off capital grounds it should be fine.

    I don't think anyone will bother you if your wandering around as a Tourist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie: from what I understand from the planners up there, they are allowed to wear the shirts, just no money can be exchanged at the rally. That's why we're setting up pre-sales, and shirts can be purchased at the summit the day before. Thank you so much for the heads up though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I order the shirt today (wed) and get it shipped to my house in Ohio, would it get here in time for the rally?

    ReplyDelete
  5. All shirts are being brought to the rally--I'll ship the others the day I return. See you then! Order now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shirts are actually $25 but above it says $20. Which is it? :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bunny--yes, they WERE $20 but I had to increase the price to $25 to cover the cost of the shirts. The process by which they are being printed is unique and pricey but the shirts will be STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete